Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- a master’s degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the University Senate; or
- any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the University Senate; and
- fulfil the English language requirement as set by the University Senate.
- The applicants should attach a motivational letter and research proposal.
- The applicants must propose supervisors’ name who have already agreed with the research topic.
- For those who are short listed will be called for an interview session.
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
Students pursuing research degrees have to complete a research under the supervision of a principal supervisor appointed by the respective Graduate School. At the end of the programme, students are required to submit a written thesis for examination. Students may be required to take pre-requisite courses before proceeding with their research. These courses are determined by the respective Graduate Schools.
Language Use In The Programme
English is the language of instruction for the postgraduate programmes.
|By Research||3 years [nine (9) semesters]||5 years [fifteen (15) semesters]||4 years [twelve (12) semesters]||
[twenty one (21) semesters]
POSTGRADUATE STUDENT FEE
|Tuition||1234/ semester||900/ semester||1480/ semester||1604/ semester|
|Pre-requisite course||150/ credit hour||150/ credit hour||200/credit hour||230/ credit hour|
|Thesis examination (viva voce)||1750||1750||1950||2150|
|Thesis re-examination (re-viva)||1750||1750||1950||2150|
Registration fee includes charges for orientation, smart card, student’s activities and administration fees.
Group Personal Accident Insurance
Takaful Insurance coverage for local full-time students is as follows:-
- Death Benefit (accident) : RM60, 000 per person • Permanent Disability : Based on percentage of permanent disability • Medical Treatment : RM2, 000 per annum/person • Hospital Benefits : RM25.00 per day, up to RM2, 000.00 (maximum) per annum/person
International students must be covered by the Health Insurance Scheme comprising Group Hospitalization and Surgical Plan (GHS) and Group Term Life (GTL). They must purchase the Health Insurance Policy from an authorized agent appointed by the University upon registration.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT’S BOND
International students are required to pay students’ bond during registration. The bond will be refunded upon the completion of studies. The rate of students’ bond is as listed below:
|Cameroon||Canada||Central African Republic|
|Republic Congo||Republic Democratic Congo||Rwanda|
Fee for Audit Course
Audit Course fee is RM250.00 per course.
ONLINE ADMISSION FORM
Come and join our Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) courses.